Friday, February 26, 2010

A Key Day

I'm finally into the Diocese school here and today, and for the first time, felt like I was contributing something. One of the Grade 6 teachers asked me to write some dialogues, (conversations), for her kids to practice so, I did, and then put them on chart paper. Took me the better part of the afternoon.

Today was a funny key day. As I was rushing to get to school this morning I dropped my keys, unbeknownst. (Is that really a word, it looks funny). When I came home, I couldn't open the gate to the 10' wall that surrounds my house. I walked up to the Diocese offices and Celestine went to find keys. Some time.......... later we walked down to my gate, (in pouring rain, I, in my wonderful, turquoise raincoat), to see if the keys worked. They didn't.

Mostly, I needed to pee so I said, "Celestine, just give me a leg up and over the wall!" He was reluctant but did help push me over. In the process, my lovely, turquoise raincoat was smeared with wet algae and dirt. I thought, I'll never get it clean again, those are worse than grass stains. (Oh, and guess where my keys were? I had dropped them in the gravel right outside my door!).

However, I filled up my washtub outside, sat on my step and scrubbed and scrubbed. Miraculously, all the stains came out. It is now dripping on my clothesline. I will bring it in before I go to bed as it will probably rain again tonight. I have NEVER experienced such downpours, even in Squamish!

And another key story; when I came home from school this afternoon, my key wouldn't unlock my metal gate. I tried and tried but it wouldn't turn the lock. (And I had to pee, again. You have to plan your bathroom stops here as you don't want to use most places). Several people gave it a try but to no avail. Finally, a young man showed me the trick, you just pull out a little on the

key, and voila, it turned. "Murabeho, murabeho," I said and shook his hand!

I thought you might be interested to know that water here must first be boiled and then filtered. I have a kettle that holds about 8 litres of water. After I boil the water, I let it stand. I’m hoping I can upload the photograph of what settles to the bottom. I wonder what it is!!!

1 comment:

  1. This section provides a newfangled outlook for dieters with its free diet plans.
    medical collections

    ReplyDelete